Project management is kind of like gardening: producing a successful—er, fruitful—end result requires a lot of forethought, care, and commitment. As WebPT’s Operational Excellence Manager, you’ll flex your project-management green thumb to oversee and grow the Operational Excellence Team. In this role, you’ll nurture a fierce and flexible team, develop and execute projects in accordance with business priorities, and raise bumper crops of prize-winning pumpkins (just kidding about the last one).
At WebPT, we like to hire the most talented people for our teams, and then give them the freedom to do their jobs. Here, we work hard—but we have lots of fun doing it. So if you like a cool, collaborative work environment, you’ll fit right in. Throw business casual to the wind. We want casual-casual. Rock flip-flops and jeans. We don’t care as long as you do good work and enjoy yourself.
- Develop strong relationships with internal clients, managers, technical staff, and peers to define project goals, set timelines, and identify resources needed to meet target completion dates.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of common project management (PM) standards and methodologies.
- Define, track, and execute projects consistently and effectively.
- Coach and develop your team of project-management rockstars.
- Monitor standardized metrics for progress and productivity, and report those numbers to stakeholders.
- Take the lead on strategy, especially with respect to prioritizing projects across business units, particularly with regard to our Enterprise-level sales and membership.
- Provide daily direction to the Operational Excellence team, including creating and managing overall project work plans as well as preparing status reports on active projects.
- Establish project success criteria that account for quality, performance, ROI, timeline, and budget.
- Contribute to company growth by sharing knowledge, lessons learned, and best practices based on your project experiences.
- Prevent teams or individual team members from dropping the ball: ensure each stakeholder knows who is responsible for each task, and facilitate any crossover.
- Own the success or failure of each assigned project.
- Be ready to fly by the seat of your pants. This role is ever-evolving—just like WebPT—so while you don’t need to be Cirque du Soleil flexible, we may occasionally ask you to do a few cartwheels, or at least try some things outside of your wheelhouse.
Abilities and Knowledge
- Be a natural-born leader—one who inspires his or her team, embraces every moment as a teaching (or learning) opportunity, and provides constructive coaching and meaningful challenges.
- Juggle many complex projects, all with a sense of urgency, simultaneously. Major props if you can actually juggle like a real circus performer.
- Be a real go-getter. Take decisive action and exercise impeccable judgment—and do it without having to be asked.
- Love a good puzzle. You’ll need to think critically—and analytically—on a daily basis.
- Showcase your inner tech nerd. We need someone who’s comfortable with cloud-based technology and web tools.
- Have a mind for efficiency. We like doing más with menos around here, so while you don’t have to be the next MacGyver, you’ve got to have a knack for using resources creatively.
- Use data to inform your decisions, while keeping a level head when forming team strategy.
- Problem-solve like a boss. We’re looking for someone with a head for making decisions and a knack for finding solutions.
- Rock the mic like a vandal—not just in karaoke, but in all forms of communication (i.e., communicate effectively over the phone and via email).
- Remain cool under pressure. Things can get pretty hectic at times, so we want to make sure you keep calm and carry on through even the most stressful of circumstances.
- Talk nerdy to me—er, all of us. Know your stuff and talk about it confidently, accurately, and honestly.
- Enjoy a good challenge and—like the contestants on the Amazing Race—play to win the million dollars (except on our team, the million dollars are happy customers.)
- Be organized, ahead of schedule, communicative, and accountable—in short, own your role entirely, while being open to critiques, suggestions, and new ideas.
- Know how to roll up your sleeves. We have a lot of brass tacks here, and we like to get down to ’em.
- Jibe with our culture. We’re talkin’ energy, integrity, positivity, a hunger for projects, and a passion for finishing them.
Education and Experience
- Two years of experience using Lean, Kaizen, or Six Sigma techniques (or iterative methodologies such as Agile)
- Experience with Salesforce (we’re not saying you need to be a Jedi when it comes to the Force—SalesForce, that is—but basic knowledge is a must)
- Experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, and Google Drive
- Experience in portfolio management and strategic leadership
- Track record of leading successful change management or transformational initiatives
- Experience working in a web-based software/SaaS business
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will not be exposed to weather conditions, and the noise level is usually moderate.
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally need to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; or taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.