As any fan of the Scientific Method knows, the only way to find out if something works is to test it. And here at WebPT, we want to be sure that our application is always firing on all cylinders. As our Quality Assurance Engineer, you’ll be responsible for designing, building, testing, and deploying effective test automation solutions across WebPT’s suite of products. As you execute these tasks, you’ll apply appropriate Automation Technologies and QA Best Practices to meet both short- and long-term goals of WebPT’s QA program. To be successful in this role, you must be customer-focused and maintain high standards.
At WebPT, we hire the most talented people for our teams, and then give them the freedom to do their jobs. Here, we work hard—but we have lots of fun doing it. So, if you like a cool, collaborative, and challenging work environment, you’ll fit right in.
- Build and maintain Testing Environments and Testing Frameworks.
- Build and maintain internal Regression Suites by automating existing and new Manual Testing efforts.
- Reduce overall Manual Testing efforts and increase testing coverage.
- Maintain tooling to support Automation efforts.
- Develop and deploy automated solutions to expedite deployments, Behavioral Verification Testing, Integration Testing, and Regression Testing.
- Reporting on Test Suite development and Test Results.
- Mentor others in creating Test Scripts and executing Test Suites.
- Participate in an Agile environment.
- Participate in QA and departmental activities.
- Adhere to and be proponent for industry and departmental QA Best Practices.
Abilities and Knowledge
- Scout out improvement opportunities like an expert lookout.
- Have a mind for quality and an eye for detail, demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness at all times and following through on all assignments and commitments—no matter what it takes.
- Set the bar high, constantly pushing yourself to develop your professional knowledge.
- Dream of software development life-cycles, QA best practices, and healthcare concepts, because you think about them so often that they’ve crept into your subconscious mind.
- Be a creative, innovative go-getter, jumping in and lending a hand whenever and wherever you can, taking calculated risks, and seeking out new opportunities to apply your skills.
- Have an agile mind and a mind for Agile; we want someone who lives and breathes the Agile software development methodology.
- Be organized, ahead of schedule, communicative, and accountable—in short, own your role entirely, while being open to critiques, suggestions, and new ideas.
- Talk nerdy to me—er, all of us. Know your stuff and talk about it confidently, accurately, and honestly.
- Rock the mic like a vandal—not just in karaoke, but in all forms of communication (i.e., communicate effectively).
- Understand when to pass the ball. We’re looking for team players here. Extra points if you’ve played on an Agile team before.
- Know how to roll up your sleeves. We have a lot of brass tacks here, and we like to get down to ’em.
- Jibe with our company culture. We’re talking energy, integrity, positivity, a hunger for knowledge, and a passion for quality assurance. Bring all that and a bag of chips. Seriously, though, we love chips.
Education and Experience
- At least four years of experience as a QA Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline
- Automation experience with MySQL database driven Web Applications, APIs, and REST Web Services
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver using the TestNG Framework and Java development
- Other tools to support Automation efforts like Gradle, Docker, GitLab, and Jenkins
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
- Experience with popular Test Tools and Frameworks
- Experience with software as a service (SaaS) applications
- Experience working with GUI object recognition and customization
- Solid understanding of software design techniques
- Experience of source control systems and configuration management
Additional Aspects of the job
- Throw business casual to the wind. We want casual-casual. Rock flip flops and jeans. We don’t care as long as you do good work and enjoy yourself.
- Get ready to fly by the seat of your pants. This role is ever-evolving—just like WebPT—so while you don’t need to be Cirque du Soleil flexible, we may occasionally ask you to do a few cartwheels, or at least try some things outside of your wheelhouse.
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will not be exposed to weather conditions, and the noise level is usually moderate.
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally need to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; or taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.