Time. We eat, breathe and live time.
Whether there isn’t enough time or you’re counting the hours until a specific time, there is a constant reminder of how important it is in order to stick to a schedule.
Schedule being the key word here –– which is how an organization much like yours maintains its production levels in order to sell, distribute, support and process the product or service it offers. As contributors, every single employee’s time matters as well. And in order to do all of this, a business must have a good time management process in place to ensure it runs effectively.
Depending on the role you play in your company, it’s imperative that you stick to your own internal schedule so your projects are completed and the department goals are achieved.
To maintain an effective schedule and make the most use of your time, follow this six-step process:
- Identify your schedule availability
- Review the priority level of your tasks
- Based on the level of urgency and the timeline needed to complete your tasks, allocate time on your schedule to complete them
- Block out daily “catch up” periods to focus, regroup and/or review items
- Set your weekly, monthly or quarterly goals on your schedule
- Analyze your activity efficiently
Aside from following this process, it is important to understand what you can realistically achieve with your time. I once read, “Everything tracked improves exponentially.” In laymen’s terms, tracking your projects and goals will give you a better understanding of where progress is being made, where improvement is needed and what may be worthwhile delegating and/or outsourcing.
Move beyond the clock and track your time so you’re using it effectively.
Powered by WPeMatico