Ever heard the phrase, “Jack of all trades, master of none?” Well, we’re looking for a “Jack of all trades, master of all” to be our Shared Services Manager. In this role, you’ll act as the go-to expert for WebPT’s entire suite of products as well as the processes associated with onboarding new users of those products. On top of that, you’ll lead, manage, and grow multiple teams across our organization while providing tier 2 support and analysis services to the rest of the Operations team. To the average Joe, it might sound like a full—no, heaping—plate, but you’re no Joe. You’re Jack—and you’ve got trades on trades on trades. So, if you’re looking for a position that’ll allow you to not only flex all of your professional muscles, but also develop muscles you never even knew you had, then we want to hear from you.
At WebPT, we like to hire the most talented people for our teams, and then give them the freedom to do their jobs. Here, we work hard—but we have lots of fun doing it. So if you like a cool, collaborative work environment, you’ll fit right in. Throw business casual to the wind. We want casual-casual. Rock flip-flops and jeans. We don’t care as long as you do good work and enjoy yourself.
- Form strong relationships with internal clients, managers, technical staff, and peers.
- Develop processes for Shared Services teams, creating a flexible culture that allows for quick resolution of Member issues and successful completion of onboarding projects.
- Take the lead on strategy, especially with respect to prioritizing tasks based on Member needs and team workloads.
- Create and maintain integration process documents for each billing system integration WebPT supports.
- Provide expert advice to new Members so they can avoid any potential challenges or pitfalls that could affect integrations or clinic operations.
- Act as the liaison between the Operations teams and the Product Management and Software Development teams.
- Coach and develop your team of Shared Services rockstars.
- Monitor standardized metrics for progress and productivity, and report those numbers to stakeholders.
- Provide daily direction to the Shared Services team, including creating and managing overall project work plans as well as preparing status reports on active projects.
- Establish project success criteria that account for quality, performance, ROI, timeline, and budget.
- Contribute to company growth by sharing knowledge, lessons learned, and best practices based on your experiences.
- Store knowledge like a vault—and keep it air-tight like a vault, too. This role requires top-notch memory and confidentiality in all situations.
- Be ready to fly by the seat of your pants. This role is ever-evolving—just like WebPT—so while you don’t need to be Cirque du Soleil flexible, we may occasionally ask you to do a few cartwheels, or at least try some things outside of your wheelhouse.
Abilities and Knowledge
- Be a natural-born leader—one who inspires his or her team, embraces every moment as a teaching (or learning) opportunity, and provides constructive coaching and meaningful challenges.
- Juggle many complex projects, all with a sense of urgency, simultaneously. Major props if you can actually juggle like a real circus performer.
- Be a real go-getter. Take decisive action and exercise impeccable judgment—and do it without having to be asked.
- Use data to inform your decisions, while keeping a level head when forming team strategy.
- Problem-solve like a boss. We’re looking for someone with a head for making decisions and a knack for finding solutions.
- Rock the mic like a vandal—not just in karaoke, but in all forms of communication (i.e., communicate effectively over the phone and via email).
- Remain cool under pressure. Things can get pretty hectic at times, so we want to make sure you keep calm and carry on through even the most stressful of circumstances.
- Talk nerdy to me—er, all of us. Know your stuff and talk about it confidently, accurately, and honestly.
- Enjoy a good challenge and—like the contestants on the Amazing Race—play to win the million dollars (except on our team, the million dollars are happy customers).
- Be organized, ahead of schedule, communicative, and accountable—in short, own your role entirely, while being open to critiques, suggestions, and new ideas.
- Know how to roll up your sleeves. We have a lot of brass tacks here, and we like to get down to ’em.
- Jibe with our culture. We’re talkin’ energy, integrity, positivity, a hunger for projects, and a passion for finishing them.
Education and Experience
- At least five years of management experience
- Strong knowledge of/experience with medical concepts and software
- Substantial experience in providing customer service and addressing customer complaints
- Experience working in a web-based software/SaaS business, especially an EMR platform
- Experience working in a physical therapy clinic
- Knowledge of HIPAA and other healthcare regulations
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will not be exposed to weather conditions, and the noise level is usually moderate.
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally need to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; or taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.