At Picmonic, we move fast, take risks, and pride ourselves on staying flexible, fun, and ferociously committed to executing each day. We uphold honesty and help one another succeed. Picmonic provides students in higher education with a learning system of unforgettable visual mnemonic images and creative stories. This learning system works and student feedback has been incredible, on top of the adoption we’ve experienced and revenue we are generating. Picmonic is also being recognized as one of Arizona’s hottest startups, winning the 2014 Spring Arizona Innovation Challenge and having July 31st named as Picmonic day in Tempe. If you would like to join an innovative and fun team on a mission to change the world for the better, please read on!
Top Reasons to Work with Us
- Collaborate with a team of in-house developers to make an awesome application.
- Flexible vacation policy. We work hard and play hard.
- In house ping pong table and beer fridges.
- Stock options and benefits.
- Unlimited coffee cappuccino and espresso from our awesome Jura the Hut coffee machine.
- iOS Developer
What You Need for this Position
- Be an expert in object-orientation, eventing and delegation, and other modern programming styles, with 4+ years of object oriented programming based development
- Be a great iOS developer, with 2+ years of experience and one or more fully developed apps under your belt
- Be as “full-stack” as possible with deep knowledge of Apple’s iPhone SDK framework
- Understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Experience with consumer facing UI development
- Intense knowledge of Objective-C, REST, XML, and JSON
- Experience with public and/or private APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability and general reliability
- Excellent time management, communication skills, and team collaboration soft skills
- Excellent coding standards and disciplined documenting of code
- Self-organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and be comfortable working without much organizational hierarchy or direct oversight
- Ability to step outside of your comfort zone and learn and apply new technologies and software development methodologies quickly
- Have familiarity with or an interest to learn other mobile platforms such as Android with Java, or even Windows Phone with C#.
- Experience working with startups in fast-paced environment
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience using Git
- UI / UX /Design Experience
- Experience with LAMP stack development
- Experience working with Angular.js building single page applications
- Devops experience. Vagrant and Puppet are a plus
- Experience with Infusionsoft or similar email marketing platforms
What You Will Be Doing
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of core features for new and existing apps
- Work on beautiful user interfaces, networking, storage, syncing, location, graphics and more
- Work with the LAMP stack team to design and develop a secure, scalable, high-performance and robust architecture for our learning platform and internal operations platforms
- Provide in-depth troubleshooting for all reporting issues and quickly drive resolutions
- Translate product requirements into clear, technical specifications; perform regular code reviews for quality assessment and adherence to coding standards
- Provide advice on technical decisions; own and drive the technology roadmap
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Quickly learn new skills and technologies required to deliver exceptional software
- Embrace an innovative, creative, and iterative approach to enhancing web/mobile consumer media experiences
- Work in a team-oriented, iterative environment to write code and deploy high-quality software
What’s In It for You
- Competitive compensation
- Great benefits package
- Huge growth opportunity